As we build out biblically this seat of the strange woman we learn some things about her character (keep in mind that as a spirit the strange woman is gender neutral; the emphasis is on strange). Instead of waiting until we complete this set of lessons, I decided to start building the profile now. As we move forward with the lessons this list will get longer until we have a comprehensive profile based on Scriptures.
The Character Profile of the Strange Woman
- Lives and operates outside of covenant (Judges 11:1-2 and Proverbs 2:17)
- Reduces self to low-level living because she is not a covenant woman
- not the wife, or the choice one
- foreign to God’s covenant
- fleeting and temporary
- not a spirit-level connection, but a fleshly connection
- Strange because fruit is produced outside of covenant
- Adversarial (James 4:4 – a friend of the world is an enemy of God)
- Expensive, but offers nothing
- As a symbol, she is the opposite of wisdom (Proverbs 2)
- Forsakes / Abandons the teacher of her youth (Proverbs 2:17)
- Forgets / Ignores the covenant of her God (Proverbs 2:17)
- House (life, lifestyle) submits or bows down to death (Proverbs 2:18)
- Paths (course of life) bow down to the dead (Proverbs 2:18)
- She’s like an abyss; None who go to her return again (Proverbs 2:19)
- Once they go to her they cannot turn back…without wisdom (Proverbs 2:19)
- Those who go to her do not take hold of the paths of life (their paths of life). They do not reach or obtain purpose. They detour or thwart their own purpose because they allow themselves to be taken in by the strange woman.
- Disarmed by wisdom (Proverbs 5:1-2)
- Lips drip honey and her mouth is smoother than oil (Proverbs 5:3-4)
- Her feet go down to death and her steps lay hold of hell (Proverbs 5:5-6)
- Her ways are unstable and you (Kingdom Queen) do not know them (Proverbs 5:5-6)
Thank you for sticking with us. Prayerfully, our corporate understanding increased as a result of this unit of lessons. The strange woman is more than a harlot; she is alien, foreign, and belongs to another. With the light of knowledge we can guard our hearts against becoming strange. Amen? Amen!
Love to all.