Click here to listen: Be Wise or Be Strange
Let me just begin with OH MY, and WOW. The Lord opened our eyes to RICH understanding on the strange woman from Proverbs 2. Yes, the whole chapter. Because this was a weighty lesson, I asked callers to concentrate on receiving more than taking notes. Here’s the outline we followed:
Introduction (vv. 6-8, 2, 3-5, 9)
- Facts (vv. 6-8) – These are the things that are TRUE about God. Accepting these truths inform our reasoning, renew our mind, and compel us to search for wisdom.
- God gives wisdom
- Knowledge & understanding come out of His mouth
- God lays up sound wisdom for the righteous
- He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly
- God keeps the path of judgment
- God preserves the way of His saints
- Command (v. 2)
- Incline your ear to wisdom
- Apply your heart to understanding
- Promise (vv. 3-5, 9)
- IF YOU cry after knowledge, THEN YOU WILL understand the fear of the Lord (v. 5).
- IF YOU lift your voice for understanding, THEN YOU WILL find knowledge of God (v. 5).
- IF YOU seek for her as for silver and search for her as for hidden treasures, THEN YOU WILL understand righteousness, judgment, equity, and every good path (v. 9).
The Work of Wisdom & Discretion (vv. 10-11, 20-22)
- Conditions (vv. 10-11)
- Wisdom has to enter the heart
- Knowledge has to be pleasant to the soul (mind, will, emotions, imagination, intellect)
- Guarantee (vv. 20-22)
- Discretion (purpose) shall preserve (guard, protect, save life) us
- Understanding (discernment, perception) shall keep (guard with fidelity, put up road blocks) us
Deliverance #1 (vv. 12-15) — WE DID NOT COVER THIS SECTION. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STUDY THIS SECTION ON YOUR OWN.
- From the evil man’s way
- From the evil man’s perverse speech
Deliverance #2 (vv. 16-19) — WE COVERED THIS SECTION. Buckle up Kingdom Queens, it’s about to get more exciting!
- From the strange woman
- She forsakes (abandons) the guide (teacher) of her youth
- She forgets (ignores) the covenant (pledge) of her God
- Her house bows down to death
- Her paths bow down to the dead
- None that go to her return again. Once they go to her, they don’t turn back.
- They don’t take hold (reach, attain) of the paths of life.
- From the flattery of her words
These are the bones of this lesson. Over the next couple weeks, I’ll build it out so we can have a written record. Until then, please feel free to listen and share the link to this recording with others.AVOIDING THE SEAT OF THE STRANGE WOMAN IS TO REMAIN IN THE SEAT OF WISDOM.
Selah, and love to all.